Eyeglass Frames in the Buffalo, NY Area
At Thomas Turtle Opticians, we maintain a large inventory of the latest eyeglass frame styles and eyeglass lens technology. The eyeglass frames that we offer come in a variety of shapes, colors, styles, and brands. We offer one of the largest selection of prescription glassed in the greater Buffalo area.
Find the perfect frames for your face at our eyeglasses store!
We offer different styles and shapes of eyeglass frames to best suit any face shape. View our face shape vs. frame style recommendations below.
- Oval Face – Because of your face’s balanced proportions, recommended frame styles include those that are wide or wider than the broadest part of your face. Almond or oval-shaped frames are particularly flattering.
- Base Down Face – Base down triangular shaped faces are narrower at the forehead and widen at the cheeks and chin. Frame styles that draw attention upwards best complement this face shape. Frames that do this include bold frames and those with cat-eye shapes.
- Base Up Face – Base up face shapes are triangularly heart shaped, with the face widest at the forehead and narrowing at the chin. Frame styles that draw attention downwards best complement this face shape. These styles include rimless styles, very thin metals, and very thin plastics.
- Square Face – Square faces are generally characterized by a strong jaw line and a broad forehead, with similarly proportioned face widths and lengths. Frame options that best complement this face shape include rounder, narrower styles that soften facial angles, including narrow oval frames.
- Round Face – Round faces are characterized by curved facial lines and widths and lengths that are of the same proportions. Frames that are wider than they are deep are particularly complementary for those with round faces. These types of frames include deep, angular, and narrow frames.
- Oblong Face – Oblong faces are longer than they are wide, characterized by a long, straight cheek line and a longer nose. Frames styles that best complement this face shape include frames with top-to-bottom depth or decorative temples, which add width to the face.
- Diamond Face – Diamond faces are narrowest at the brow and jaw lines, generally with high and dramatic cheekbones. Frame styles that best complement this face shape include frames with detailing or distinctive brow lines, cat eyes, and ovals.
Call one of our four locations for an eyeglass frames consultation today!
Brands that we carry include but are not limited to the following:
- Banana Republic
- Hugo Boss
- Juicy Couture
- Kate Spade
- Marc Jacobs
- Michael Kors
- Ocean Pacific
- Ray Ban
- Vera Bradley