Regular Eye Examinations Are Especially Important for Children
Regular eye exams are imperative for children, as they use their eyes to read and perform other school activities. Poor vision can negatively affect a student’s schoolwork if it goes unnoticed and untreated. Issues such as near vision, poor eye coordination, and focusing difficulties can go unnoticed at school eye screenings.
With vision’s correlation with the learning process, undetected or untreated vision problems can lead to learning disabilities, headaches, and other visual discomforts. We recommend annual visual examinations for children.
At Thomas Turtle Opticians we pride ourselves on having one of the area’s largest up-to-date children’s frame selections. We provide comprehensive children’s eye examinations and can help your child to choose the proper lens and frame combination. All of our eyeglass lenses for children are made of polycarbonate, the safest and most durable lens material available on the market today.
When choosing eyeglass frames for your child, it is important to consider the following:
- Quality – Choose a frame that is strong enough to withstand the activity level of your son or daughter.
- Look – Your child’s opinion matters; if he or she doesn’t like the look of his or her glasses, he or she will likely not wear them.
- Fit – The bridge of the frame should rest along your child’s nose. If it doesn’t, it can pose comfort issues.
- Frame Strength – Frames need to be strong and durable, especially along the bridges and temples.
- Spring Hinges – This hinge type provides a snug, comfortable, long-lasting fit.